Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man?
I certainly do know the muffin man. I’ve been singing his ridiculous song all morning, as I baked these muffins. (video below)
These little beauties turned out really well though, if I do say.
I based these muffins on a great recipe for blueberry zucchini bread that I found on Wholesome Yum.
It’s got this great mix of blueberry, vanilla and lemon flavors. The zucchini just kind of sits back, lending it nutrients and moisture, but no actual taste.
Invisible health, is what it gives. Yum.
Low Carb Keto Zucchini Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
These low carb zucchini blueberry muffins make a great breakfast or snack and only have 4g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a cupcake tray with 12 foil liners.
2. Grate the zucchini and put it in a colander in the sink to drain.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and granulated sweetener, until fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
5. Beat in the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Use your hands and then paper towels to push as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. Fold the zucchini into the batter.
7. Clean the blueberries and pat them dry. Sprinkle the arrowroot powder over the berries and mix to coat them. Fold the blueberries into the batter.
8. Add the batter to the cupcake pan, filling the wells up all the way. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.
9. To make the glaze, run the sweetener through a blender to make it powdered (or use confectioner’s swerve). Whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sweetener. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 154
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Blueberry Muffins, Keto Blueberry Muffins. Low Carb Zucchini Muffins, Keto Zucchini Muffins
You’ll need these specialty items:
If you liked this muffin recipe, you might like my Lemon Poppyseed, Cranberry Pecan or Carrot Cake Muffins.