This is a quick and easy Instant Pot recipe for low carb Memphis style pulled pork BBQ. It’s a great Keto entree with only 189 calories and 4g net carbs per serving.
3 pound pork butt shoulder roast
salt and pepper
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup water
Memphis Style BBQ Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups (16 oz) tomato sauce
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 – 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper, as desired
Salt, to taste, 1 teaspoon is a good starting point
1. Dry pork and cut into 8 smaller pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil over High heat in a large skillet. Add pork pieces and sear for 1-2 minutes per side. Alternately, you can use the Saute function on the Instant Pot and sear the meat in two batches. If you like a thicker crust on your meat, then you can increase the sear time to 4-6 minutes per side.
3. Place pork pieces in the Instant Pot and pour 1/2 cup water on top. Pressure cook for 45 minutes. Allow to slowly release steam before opening, 15-20 minutes.
4. While the meat is cooling off a little bit, you can mix up the BBQ sauce. Combine all BBQ sauce ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan. Bring to a boil over Medium heat. Lower heat and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Use two forks to pull the pork into bite sized chunks. Put the pulled pork into a large bowl.
6. Pour the BBQ sauce over the pulled pork and mix well to coat all the meat.
Nutritional Info is for one 1/3 pound serving of the pork and BBQ sauce mixture.
Keywords: Low Carb Pulled Pork, Keto Pulled Pork, Sugar-Free Pulled Pork