This recipe for low carb pumpernickel bagels uses Fathead dough to mimic the taste and feel of regular high carb bagels. This is an easy Keto and gluten-free recipe with only 6g net carbs per bagel.
1 cup super fine almond flour
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon espresso grounds
1 1/2 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 oz cream cheese
1 egg, beaten
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add all dry ingredients to a blender and grind for 10 seconds. Shake the canister to knock the ingredients out of the corners. Blend for 10 seconds and shake again. Blend for 10 more seconds.
3. Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir again. The mixture should be completely melted and combined. If it isn’t, then microwave for 30 more seconds.
4. Use a wooden spoon to mix together cheese, dry ingredients and beaten egg. Stir rigorously until it forms a marbled ball of dough.
5. Knead the dough with your hands until smooth and completely combined.
6. Cut the ball of dough into quarters.
7. Roll the pieces of dough into 7 inch long tubes.
8. Pinch the ends of dough together to form circular shapes.
9. Bake for 15-17 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting.
Keywords: Low Carb Pumpernickel Bagel, Keto Pumpernickel Bagel, Gluten Free Pumpernickel Bagel