Today I’m going to show you how to make pork tenderloin with a cilantro based chimichurri sauce.
But first I’d like to share a funny clip from the 1960’s Batman series, because you know what they say, chimichurri and pork go together like Batman and Robin.
In the clip below, Adam West’s Batman demonstrates the “bat dance”, better known as the “Batusi”.
He goes into a night club and meets a mysterious woman. He gives her a puzzled look and says, “You interest me…strangely”. (Is it strange for him to be interested in women? It’s unclear.) Unfortunately, the strange woman is a villain who roofies his orange juice! This may explain the ridiculous dance he proceeds to do. I give you… the “Batusi”.
And now for the recipe you’ve been waiting so patiently for.
Chimichurri sauce is an Argentinian marinade and dressing usually made from a mixture of chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, red pepper flakes and red wine vinegar. I’ve switched it up a bit to include cilantro, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, jalapeño pepper and oregano.
And luckily for us, the recipe is naturally low carb, with only 1g net carb per serving.
It’s enough to make you break out the Batusi!
Low Carb Keto Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
Roasted Pork Tenderloin and Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce go together like Batman and Robin.
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Peruvian
1 pound pork tenderloin
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice, (from 2 limes)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Add all chimichurri ingredients to a food processor or blender and process for 1 minute.
2. Separate out 1/2 cup for a marinade.
3. Wash and dry pork tenderloin and remove any excess fat. Place in a gallon sized ziplock bag along with 1/2 cup reserved chimichurri sauce. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Wipe off any excess marinade.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place tenderloin in a shallow uncovered baking dish.
5. Roast for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. (If you are using a different sized tenderloin, bake for 20 minutes per pound.)
6. Let rest 5-7 minutes before slicing. Serve pork slices with chimichurri sauce on top or on the side.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the pork tenderloin plus 3 tablespoons chimichurri sauce
- Calories: 474
- Fat: 37
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 31
Keywords: Low Carb Pork Chimichurri, Keto Pork Chimichurri, Paleo Pork Chimichurri
If you liked this pork recipe, then you might like my recipes for Smothered Pork Chops, Chinese BBQ Pork or Cabbage Wrapped Pork Dumplings.