This recipe for Low Carb and Keto Scallop Fettuccine with Brown Butter Sauce is an easy weeknight dinner with only 2g net carbs.
18 oz Jumbo Scallops
1 quart water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons salt for brine
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
3/4 teaspoon salt for butter sauce
14 oz Miracle Fettuccine Noodles or equivalent shirataki noodles
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Mix together water, 2 tablespoons salt and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl. Brine scallops in the liquid for 30 minutes.
2. Place a clean tea towel on a rimmed cookie sheet. Place the scallops on top. Add another tea towel on top of the scallops and press out the liquid. Allow the liquid to drain on the towels for 10 minutes.
3. Add olive oil to a large skillet and cook on High heat until just smoking. Add the scallops on a single layer, flat side down and cook, without moving them until well browned, 1 1/2 – 2 minutes.
4. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Using tongs, flip the scallops. As the butter melts, use a large spoon to baste the scallops with the butter. Cook until the sides are firm and the center is opaque, 30-90 seconds.
5. Remove the scallops to a plate and tent with aluminum foil to keep the scallops warm.
6. Wipe down the skillet or use a clean one. Add 3 tablespoons butter and 3/4 teaspoon salt to the pan and cook over Medium heat, stirring often, until butter is nutty and browned, 4-6 minutes.
7. Add shirataki noodles to a colander and rinse with cool water for 15 seconds. Blot the liquid with paper towels.
8. Mix the noodles into the butter sauce and heat over Medium heat until warmed, 2 minutes.
9. Add scallops to the pan and toss with the noodles.
10. Serve with fresh chopped parsley sprinkled on top and lemon wedges on the side.
Keywords: Low Carb Scallop Fettuccine, Keto Scallop Fettuccine, Paleo Scallop Fettuccine