These low carb soft breadsticks are made from real yeast bread dough. They are just as good as anything you could get at a restaurant, but these breadsticks have got just 4g net carbs each.
1 cup warm water, divided
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
2 teaspoons sugar*
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together 1/2 cup warm water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Cover with a towel and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. It should become foamy with small bubbles on top.
3. Add remaining 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup cream, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten, 1/4 cup sweetener and 3 cups Carbalose to the bowl and mix well until a dough forms.
4. You should be able to knead the dough at this point. But if it’s too dry, then add a little water, and if it’s too wet, then you can add a little more Carbalose.
5. Knead dough for 8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
6. Form the dough into a large ball and cut the dough in half, and then half again. Keep going until you have 16 equal sized pieces of dough.
7. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and then roll it with your fingers on the countertop until it’s 7″ long and 3/4″ wide in the middle. It will taper at the ends. Place the tubes of dough on the parchment covered cookie sheets. They will contract as they sit on the cookie sheet until they are about 6″ long.
8. Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter over all the breadsticks and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
9. Bake each cookie sheet separately for 14 – 17 minutes until breadstick edges are just beginning to brown and bottoms are a medium brown.
10. Cool on the cookie sheet for 20 minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
* The sugar is converted to alcohol and carbon dioxide in the fermentation process, so the carbohydrates are cancelled out.
Keywords: Low Carb Breadsticks, Keto Breadsticks, Low Carb Soft Breadsticks, Keto Soft Breadsticks