Low Carb Keto Spaghetti Squash with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Let's talk noodles. Low carb noodles.
Now that noodles are out of the picture, I've been relying more and on spaghetti squash for my pasta cravings. Its spaghetti-like strands make for a healthy substitute for high carb spaghetti noodles. Plus, it's an easy way to get more veggies into my diet.
To make this recipe you need to start with a nice big spaghetti squash.
You cook it in the microwave, and then make a creamy mushroom sauce to top it with. In less than 30 minutes you've got yourself a tasty low carb dinner with only 15 net carbs per serving.
Low Carb Spaghetti Squash with Mushroom Cream Sauce
1 spaghetti squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon lemon zest
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
bacon bits (optional)
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Put it in a microwave safe casserole dish with a 1/4 cup water. Microwave on high for 10 minutes. Allow to cool until it is safe to work with. Use a fork to remove the squash strands from the shell.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute for 8 minutes.
4. Add the cream to the pan and boil for 2 minutes. Add in the parmesan cheese and spaghetti squash and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon zest, salt and pepper.
5. Top wth chopped parsley and bacon bits and serve immediately.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 21 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 359 Fat 30g Protein 7g Carb 19g Fiber 4g Net Carbs 15g