Let’s talk noodles. Low carb noodles.
Now that noodles are out of the picture, I’ve been relying more and on spaghetti squash for my pasta cravings.
Its spaghetti-like strands make for a healthy substitute for high carb spaghetti noodles. Plus, it’s an easy way to get more veggies into my diet.
To make this recipe you need to start with a nice big spaghetti squash.
You cook it in the microwave, and then make a creamy mushroom sauce to top it with. In less than 30 minutes you’ve got yourself a tasty low carb dinner with only 15 net carbs per serving.
Low Carb Keto Spaghetti Squash with Mushroom Cream Sauce
This is a great recipe for low carb spaghetti squash with mushroom cream sauce.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 21
- Total Time: 36 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- bacon bits (optional)
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Put it in a microwave safe casserole dish with a 1/4 cup water. Microwave on high for 10 minutes. Allow to cool until it is safe to work with. Use a fork to remove the squash strands from the shell.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute for 8 minutes.
4. Add the cream to the pan and boil for 2 minutes. Add in the parmesan cheese and spaghetti squash and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon zest, salt and pepper.
5. Top wth chopped parsley and bacon bits and serve immediately.
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Low carb spaghetti squash, Keto spaghetti squash, Paleo spaghetti squash