This recipe for cheesy spinach stuffed chicken breasts is low carb, Keto, Paleo, Whole30, you name it and you can eat it on that diet. And each serving has just 2g net carbs.
2 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup super fine almond flour
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 jar Rao’s Marinara Sauce or equivalent sugar-free tomato sauce
or 1 batch of my Quick Spaghetti Sauce
1. Fill a large bowl with water and dissolve salt in it. Submerge chicken breasts fully and brine for 10 minutes. Dry the chicken breasts well.
2. In a medium microwave safe bowl, heat cream cheese for 1 minute until melted. Mix in spinach, mozzarella, and Italian Seasoning.
3. Place chicken cutlets on a plate or a cookie sheet. Drop spoonfuls of spinach filling into the middle of each chicken breast.
4. Tightly roll the chicken breasts over the filling.
5. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
6. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Add beaten egg to a shallow bowl. Mix almond flour, parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.
8. Dip the rolled chicken breasts in the eggs and then coat them with the breading.
9. Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over Medium High heat. Place the stuffed chicken breast in the skillet, seam side up. Saute until browned, 2 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts, but don’t saute the second side.
10. Just cover skillet loosely with parchment paper and bake for 19-22 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
11. Put the skillet back on the stove and add jar of tomato sauce. (Or mix up a batch of my Quick Spaghetti Sauce before you start making the recipe. It will be finished simmering by the end of the recipe.) Heat on Medium High until sauce is warmed through, 2-3 minutes.
Nutritional Info below these Notes is for just the chicken breasts. The nutritional info for 1/4 cup Rao’s Marinara Sauce is:
Calories: 40 Fat: 4g Carb: 2g Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g
Keywords: Low Carb Stuffed Chicken, Keto Stuffed Chicken, Paleo Stuffed Chicken