This low carb and Keto toasted almond torte is a rich, dense cake with only 4g net carbs per slice.
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
8 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 cups super fine almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
5 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray the bottom and sides of a 9 inch wide, 1 1/2 inch deep circular layer cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, butter and granulated sweetener with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl and then slowly beat them in. Beat in vanilla and almond extract and mix until smooth.
4. In a medium sized bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet. The batter will be very thick.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. It will go right up to the edge.
6. Bake for 25-35 minutes until top is browned and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then release from the pan and onto a cooking rack. Cool for 1 hour before frosting.
8. Heat an egg pan over Medium heat. Add almonds and toast for 3-4 minutes until browned. Stir the whole time and keep a close eye on the nuts because they brown all at once. Remove from the pan and set aside.
9. For the frosting, cream together cream cheese, butter and powdered sweetener in large bowl, with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 teaspoons almond extract.
10. Use a spatula to frost the top of the cooled cake, and then sprinkle toasted almonds on top.
11. Store in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Low Carb Almond Torte, Keto Almond Torte, Low Carb Almond Cake, Keto Almond Cake