This classic tuna casserole recipe uses rotini noodles made by the Great Low Carb Bread Co., so the carb count is only 6g per serving. It's even better than the real thing.
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
2 tablespoons water
3 cans tuna, drained and broken up
1/2 cup frozen peas, optional*
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 X 13 inch or 3 quart casserole dish.
2. Add rotini noodles to a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook for 15 minutes, then drain in a colander.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter over Medium heat until frothy. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add red bell peppers and cook for 1 minute more. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes.
4. Add cream and broth to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together arrowroot and water. Pour into the pan and cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes more.
5. In a large bowl, mix together noodles, sauce, peas, tuna and 1 1/2 cup cheese.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and the noodles are beginning to brown.
*If you use peas, then the Nutritional Info is:
Calories: 447 Fat: 34g Carbs: 18g Fiber: 10g Protein: 26g
Nutritional Info below is without the peas:
Keywords: Low Carb Tuna Casserole, Keto Tuna Casserole, Paleo Tuna Noodle Casserole