This flavorful zucchini and tomato pie is the perfect use of summer produce. And it’s only got 4g net carbs, so it’s compliant for low carb and Keto diets.
2 cups Carbquik Baking Mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 cup zucchini, sliced lengthwise and then into thin half moons
1/3 cup scallions, sliced
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Use a fork to combine Carbquik and butter until a crumbly dough forms. The crumbs should stick together if you squeeze them in your hands.
3. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just beginning to brown at the edges.
5. While the crust is baking, you can cut your vegetables. Slice tomatoes in half and put them in a colander to drain. Use a mandolin or large knife to slice the zucchini lengthwise and then into thin half moons. Slice the white and light green parts of the scallions. Use paper towels to dry the tomatoes.
6. When the pie crust comes out of the oven, turn the heat up to 375 degrees F.
7. In a medium sized bowl, mix together eggs, cream, salt, pepper and oregano.
8. Pour 1/3 of the egg mixture onto the bottom of the crust. Top with 1/3 of the cheeses and 1/2 of the vegetables. Pour another 1/3 of the egg mixture on top and then 1/3 of the cheeses. Layer the remaining vegetables next, followed by the remaining egg mixture and cheeses.
9. Bake in the 375 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes until firm in the middle and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Keywords: Low Carb Zucchini Pie, Keto Zucchini Pie