These Keto chocolate and buttercream cupcakes are topped with a delicious sugar-free chocolate candy called The Chocolate Trader Dark Chocolate Almond Bark.
1/2 cup butter, melted
6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
6 tablespoons zucchini, shredded
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups super-fine almond flour
6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
12 pieces (2 oz) The Chocolate Trader Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake pan with 12 paper or foil liners.
2. Add melted butter, almond milk, shredded zucchini, eggs, and vanilla to a blender and pulse 3-4 times to combine. There should still be visible flecks of zucchini.
3. In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and xanthan gum.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Use a soup spoon to fill each cupcake well with batter and smooth the tops with your finger.
6. Bake for 22-24 minutes until top if firm and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 1 hour.
8. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer.
9. Whip in powdered sweetener in 1/2 cup measures until light and fluffy.
10. Add frosting to a pastry bag with a large (2 inch) tip and pipe the frosting in a spiral on each cupcake. Alternately, you can add the frosting to a gallon plastic bag and make a 1/2 inch wide cut into one of the corners.
11. Top each cupcake with a piece of almond bark.
Keywords: Keto Almond Bark Cupcake, Keto Chocolate Cupcake, Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake