This recipe for Keto Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is truly divine. It’s a light and tender low carb cake with a wonderful crumb. And each slice has just 5g net carbs.
9 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup super fine almond flour*
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
6 tablespoons water
6 oz cream cheese, softened
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper. Crisscross two sheets of parchment paper, so that you can easily lift the cake out of the pan later.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sweeteners until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time and then add vanilla.
4. In a medium sized bowl, mix together salt, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and ground clove.
5. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
6. Then beat in water and cream. Taste for sweetness and spice and add more if desired.
7. The batter will be very thick. Pour batter into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
8. Bake for 23-28 minutes until top is browned and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to cool down completely, 2 hours.
10. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together softened cream cheese, softened butter and powdered sweetener, 2-3 minutes.
11. Lift the cake from the pan using the parchment paper and place it on a serving plate. Pour the frosting onto the top of the cake and use a spatula to smooth it out.
*If you take this cake to a party, make sure to clearly mark that it contains nuts. Most people don’t expect a cake to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat it.
STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOGRAPHS FOLLOW THE RECIPE
Keywords: Keto Spice Cake, Low Carb Spice Cake, Sugar Free Spice Cake, Gluten Free Spice Cake