This recipe is a low carb take on classic meatloaf. It’s a slice of pure comfort food with just 2g net carbs per serving.
2 pounds ground beef
3oz tomato paste (1/2 of a small 6oz can)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup super fine almond flour
1/4 cup onion, diced small*
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced small*
4 cloves garlic, minced*
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup sugar-free ketchup, optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix in ground beef, almond flour, onions, peppers, garlic, salt and black pepper.
4. Pour meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and spread ketchup on top if you are using it.
7. Return to the oven and bake until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, 25-45 minutes more.
*You can do an optional step and sauté the onions, garlic and bell peppers before adding them to the mix. It’s not necessary though, it just makes them a little bit softer.
Keywords: Keto Meatloaf, Paleo Meatloaf, Low Carb Meat Loaf, Whole30 Meatloaf