These low carb lemon meringue cookes are zero carb treats are crispy and light and full of lemony flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add sweetener, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until the whites are stiff and glossy.
3. Fold in lemon juice and zest.
4. Spoon or pipe mixture onto the parchment covered cookie sheet. You should have about 12 meringues.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 250F. Then reduce oven temperature to 200F and continue to bake for another 18 to 20 minutes, until crisp and tips are just starting to brown.
6. Turn off oven and let meringues sit inside for 2 hours or longer.
7. Remove and carefully peel off parchment.
Keywords: Low Carb Lemon Meringue Cookie, Keto Lemon Meringue Cookie, Sugar-Free Lemon Meringue Cookie