This is a three layer Jello cake with only 4g net carbs per serving.
yellow cake layer:
strawberry mousse layer
strawberry glaze layer
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish or baking pan with cooking spray. Make sure that the dish has sides that are at least 2 1/4 inches high. Boil a kettle of water.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy with an electric mixer. Mix in the vanilla and 1/4 cup water.
3. Mix together the sweetener, almond flour and baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together in the large bowl.
5. Add the batter to the casserole or baking dish and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until center is firm and springy. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool on the countertop for 30 minutes.
7. Right after the cake goes into the oven, mix up the Jello for the mousse. Add 2 cups boiling water to 2 boxes Jello in a 4 cup measure. Stir well to dissolve. Mix in the 3 tablespoons sweetener. Add cold water to fill the liquid up to the 2 1/2 cup mark. Allow to cool on the counter top.
8. Once the cake has cooled for at least 30 minutes, you can mix up the mousse layer. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the Jello.
9. Pour the mousse layer onto the cake and gently rock the pan back and forth until the surface is evenly covered. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
10. Right after the cake goes in the refrigerator, dissolve the remaining Jello in 1 cup boiling water in a 4 cup measure. Fill with cold water up to the 1 1/2 cup mark. Allow to cool on the countertop.
11. After the cake has chilled for 1 hour, carefully spoon the cooled glaze Jello on top.
12. Chill for 1 hour until the glaze sets.
Keywords: Low Carb Jello Cake, Keto Jello Cake, Sugar-Free Jello Cake