This is an easy breezy citrusy dessert with only four ingredients.
1. Add Jello to a large boil and dissolve in boiling water.
2. Make ice water by filling a 4 cup Pyrex glass measure to 2 1/2 cups with ice. Add water until it reaches the 2 1/2 cup line. Mix ice water into Jello and stir to quick set. Remove any unmelted ice cubes.
3. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until just set.
4. Whisk in Cool Whip. Made it as lumpy or as smooth as you like.
5. Drain the liquid from the mandarin oranges and fold them into the Jello. Reserve a few slices as a garnish. Mix in marshmallows, coconut or pineapple if using.
6. Keep in the large bowl or pour into 8 small custard cups. Chill for 1-2 hours until set.
7. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and the reserved mandarin orange slices.
You can substitute Sugar-Free Jello if you like.
Keywords: Orange Jello Salad, Mandarin Orange Jello Salad, Jello Salad, Jello