Piecaken is a pecan pie, topped with a pumpkin pie, topped with a spice cake, topped with frosting, and apple pie filling. It's fantastic.
1. Prepare the spice cake mix following the package instructions. Make sure to use a springform 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper, or a pan that’s the same diameter as your premade pies. Once cooked, let it cool for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool at room temperature. Use a bread knife to level the cake by cutting off the curved top.
2. Transfer the vanilla frosting to a bowl and mix well with ground cinnamon to make your cinnamon frosting.
3. When ready to assemble, start by placing the pecan pie into a cake stand or serving shallow plate.
4. Spread ½ cup of frosting over the pecan pie and carefully place the pumpkin pie on top, repeat spreading ½ cup of frosting on top, and place the cooled baked cake.
5. Frost the cake with the remaining frosting on the sides and on top, reserve about 1 cup of frosting and pipe to decorate, if you wish. Use the chopped pecans to decorate and finish with a dollop of apple pie filling in the center of the cake.
Best not read the nutritional info. It doesn't count when you eat it on a holiday.
Keywords: Piecaken, Bakeshop Piecaken, Pie in a Cake