This Sugar Free Rhubarb Ice Cream is the perfect thing for a hot Summer's day. And each scoop has just 5g net carbs per scoop. Sweet!
1. Make sure to freeze the canister of your ice cream maker 24 hours before making the recipe.
2. Add rhubarb, sweetener and water to a medium sized sauce pan. Cook on medium high heat until boiling. Cover the pan, lower the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the rhubarb into a food processor or high powered blender. Add in almond milk, cream and balsamic vinegar and process until smooth and combined. Taste for sweetness and add more sweetener if desired. Optional: Add in a few drops of red food coloring to make the ice cream pinker.
4. Chill in the refrigerator until completely cold, about 3-4 hours.
5. For the crumble topping, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Mix together all the dry ingredients. Mix the melted butter with vanilla and add to the dry ingredients. Blend with a pastry cutter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Spread the crumbs out on the parchment covered cookie sheet and press down with your hands to flatten it a little bit.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Leave the crumbles on the pan and allow them to cool completely on the counter.
8. Once the ice cream custard has cooled, add it to the frozen canister of an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions, usually about 20-25 minutes. It should be the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
9. Pour the ice cream into a loaf pan and sprinkle the crumbles on top. Alternately, you can fold the crumbles into the ice cream.
10. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil. Place the container in the freezer and allow the mixture to freeze for 2 hours until hardened.
Keywords: Low Carb Rhubarb Ice Cream, Keto Rhubarb Ice Cream, Sugar-Free Rhubarb Ice Cream