This recipe for cheesy Keto jalapeño cornbread is out of this world. It uses corn extract to give it the flavor of real cornbread, but this low carb version has just 3g net carbs. Sweet!
9 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons Amoretti’s Sweet Corn Extract or equivalent corn extract
4 drops yellow food coloring
1 1/2 cup super fine almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum, optional
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
6 tablespoons water
1/4 cup red bell peppers, minced
1/4 cup jalapeño peppers, minced
1/4 cup scallions, sliced
1 1/4 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Crisscross two sheets of parchment paper and use them to line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Leave enough parchment paper on each side so that you can lift the cornbread out when you are ready to cut it.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together softened butter and sweetener, 2-3 minutes.
3. One by one, beat in the eggs. Beat in the corn extract and yellow food coloring.
4. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum.
5. Use the electric mixer to combine the wet and the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
6. Beat in heavy whipping cream and water.
7. Fold in red bell peppers, scallion, jalapeño peppers and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
8. Add the batter to the pan. It will be very thick. Smooth the top with a spatula.
9. Bake the cornbread for 35-45 minutes until top is browned and a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
10. At minute 25, take the cornbread out of the oven and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese on top. Rotate the pan by 180 degrees and put it back in the oven.
11. Allow the cornbread to cool in the pan for 2 hours until cooled. Lift the cornbread out of the pan with the parchment paper and cut into 12 pieces.
Keywords: Low Carb Cornbread, Keto Cornbread, Gluten Free Cornbread