This low carb corned beef and cabbage recipe make for the perfect dinner and comes together quickly in the Instant Pot.
If the corned beef comes with pickling spice then use that, but if not:
1. Rinse and dry the corned beef and put it in the Instant Pot on the rack.
2. Add the water, garlic, ginger, onions and pickling spices to the Instant Pot and close the lid, making sure that the vent valve is closed.
3. Pressure cook the corned beef on HiGH for 70 minutes. If the roast is thicker an 1 1/2 inches, then add 6 minutes of cooking time for each 1/2 inch.
4. Allow steam to release naturally. If the floating valve doesn’t drop after 15 minutes, release the remaining pressure by turning the venting knob from sealing position to venting position. Set aside cooked corned beef and 3 cups of the hot liquid in a large serving bowl. There should be about 1 1/2 – 2 cups of liquid left in the pressure cooker.
5. Cut the cabbage into 8 wedges, leaving the core in so that it holds together. (You can cut the core out before you serve it.) Add the cabbage to the pressure cooker and pressure cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, depending on the size of the cabbage.
6. Once the corned beef has cooled, cut against the grain into 1/8 inch slices. Serve with a cabbage wedge on the side.
SERVINGS: 8-12 depending on the weight of the corned beef
Keywords: Low Carb Corned Beef, Keto Corned Beef, Instant Pot Corned Beef