This low carb and Keto corned beef and cabbage recipe make for the perfect dinner and comes together quickly in the Instant Pot.
St. Patricks’s Day is nigh so I’m eating a plate of Keto corned beef and cabbage and watching Riverdance. (video below)
As one does.
I’ve been scouring Youtube, looking for the perfect Michael Flatley video.
And happily, I found it. It’s his very first performance of Riverdance, long before he would become known as… the Lord of the Dance. His first performance of the piece was as an interval act for the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest. Well, he and his flowy blouse brought down the house, and the rest is Irish line dancing history.
So I lift my glass to Michael Flatley, as I enjoy my Keto corned beef and cabbage feast.
This low carb corned beef meal came together really quickly now that I have an Instant Pot.
Instead of braising the beef brisket for 3 hours, I pressure cooked it in the Instant Pot for 70 minutes. The cabbage went in for 3 minutes more, and then I was done. Easy. The meat was tender and delicious and the cabbage made for a great low carb side. Easy and delicious, my two favorite food adjectives.
But now I must get back to the Lord of the Pleated Pants. Chow!
Low Carb Keto Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
This low carb corned beef and cabbage recipe make for the perfect dinner and comes together quickly in the Instant Pot.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 73
- Total Time: 1 hour 23 minutes
- Yield: 8-12 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Irish
- 2–3 pound corned beef brisket, rinsed and dried
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 crushed garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bulb fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cabbage, cut into 8 wedges with core
If the corned beef comes with pickling spice then use that, but if not:
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper corns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
1. Rinse and dry the corned beef and put it in the Instant Pot on the rack.
2. Add the water, garlic, ginger, onions and pickling spices to the Instant Pot and close the lid, making sure that the vent valve is closed.
3. Pressure cook the corned beef on HiGH for 70 minutes. If the roast is thicker an 1 1/2 inches, then add 6 minutes of cooking time for each 1/2 inch.
4. Allow steam to release naturally. If the floating valve doesn’t drop after 15 minutes, release the remaining pressure by turning the venting knob from sealing position to venting position. Set aside cooked corned beef and 3 cups of the hot liquid in a large serving bowl. There should be about 1 1/2 – 2 cups of liquid left in the pressure cooker.
5. Cut the cabbage into 8 wedges, leaving the core in so that it holds together. (You can cut the core out before you serve it.) Add the cabbage to the pressure cooker and pressure cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, depending on the size of the cabbage.
6. Once the corned beef has cooled, cut against the grain into 1/8 inch slices. Serve with a cabbage wedge on the side.
SERVINGS: 8-12 depending on the weight of the corned beef
- Calories: 178
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 21
Keywords: Low Carb Corned Beef, Keto Corned Beef, Instant Pot Corned Beef