This is it! The World’s Best Keto Waffles. Hands down. So get a hold of your socks folks, because this Keto Waffle recipe is about to knock them right off!
My Keto waffles are simply the best. 🏆
These waffles could go head to head with any waffle, any time, any place. They could throw down with IHOP and come out the victor. No question. These low carb waffles are better than those pitiful excuses for waffles because they have just 5g net carbs and a whopping 19 grams of protein. And they taste like a million bucks!
So let me show you how I make this Keto Waffle recipe.
Waffles tend to be nutritional wastelands. Lots of sugar and white flour and not much else. But check out the ingredients in my Keto Waffles:
- cream cheese
- baking powder
- coconut oil or melted butter
- almond flour
This is real food, people!
And did I mention that it also makes the World's Greatest Low Carb Pancakes? Well, it does. Best Keto waffles and pancakes ever. Just leave out the oil or melted butter.
🍯 Sugar-Free Syrup
You've got two schools of thought on this one. You can buy fancy Keto friendly sugar-free maple syrup in specialty stores and on Amazon if you like. Or you can go the low-brow route and buy the sugar-free syrup you can find in the pancake aisle of the supermarket. No judgment.
🍓 Waffle toppings
- peanut butter
- almond butter
- cream cheese
- sweetened cream cheese
- whipped cream
🍳 Waffle sides
- sausage links
- sausage patties
- Canadian bacon
😋 Waffle Add-Ins
- sugar-free chocolate chips (1 tablespoon)
- chopped walnuts (1 tablespoon)
- chopped pecans (1 tablespoon)
- vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
You need two appliances: a blender and a waffle iron. The recipe was developed to make one large Belgian waffle, but the batter will make 2-3 regular-sized waffles, depending on how big your waffle iron is. It will also work with mini waffles, for added cuteness.
🍚 Almond flour
The more almond flour you use, the thicker the waffle. If you are doing strict 20 grams of carbohydrate a day Keto, then you are going to want to stick to 2 TB of almond flour. This waffle will be perfectly adequate but on the thin side. Using 3 TB makes a thicker waffle. And you can make a very thick waffle by using 4 TB of almond flour. The carb count will be from 5-7g net carbs depending on which one you choose.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and pre-heat.
- Add all wet ingredients to a blender. Then add all dry ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides once, for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the hot Belgian, regular or mini size waffle iron, and cook according to manufacturer's instructions, usually 3-4 minutes.
- To make a double batch, click on the button that says "2X" to the right of the ingredients in the recipe card. Then cook the batter in two batches.
- Storage: Makes a great meal prep low carb breakfast. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. It's best to reheat the Keto waffles in a toaster oven.
And that's about it, waffle-wise. 🧇
In less than ten minutes, you can make the best Keto waffle recipe on the whole entire Internet.
Drops mic. 😄Print
World's Greatest Keto Waffles
This is it. The World's Best Keto Pancake and Waffle batter. Hands down.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 - 4 tablespoons almond flour*
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or melted butter**
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Step 1. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and pre-heat.
Step 2. Add all ingredients to a blender. Then add the dry ingredients.
Step 3. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides once, for 30-60 seconds.
Step 4. Pour the batter into the hot Belgian, regular, or mini-size waffle iron, and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions, usually 3-4 minutes.
*For thicker, breadier waffles, add 1-2 tablespoons more almond flour to the 2 tablespoons in the recipe. If you add 1 tablespoon more, then the net carbs are 6g. If you add 2 tablespoons more, then the net carbs are 7g.
**Omit oil if using for pancake batter.
- Serving Size: 1 Belgian Waffle
- Calories: 522
- Fat: 48
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 19
Keywords: Low Carb Waffle, Keto Wafffle, Low Carb Pancakes, Keto Pancakes
🎃 Pumpkin Waffles
To make these Waffles more autumn-y, you can add ½ tsp pumpkin spice, 2 TB pumpkin puree and 2 TB of sugar-free sweetener.