Sugar-Free Keto Gummy bears are fruity chewy zero-carb treats. And they are a sneaky way to get your kids to eat healthier candy.
Ok, time for some real talk. 👩🏻🍳
There aren’t that many times when the foods that I make for my kids intersect with the Keto meals that I make for myself. But my kids do make one exception. They will happily eat the sugar-free gummy bears that I make at home. Have they guessed that these gummy bears are sugar-free?
They have not.
Are these gummy bears really sugar-free? 🍚
Yes, sugar-free means totally free of sugar. Because the main ingredient is Sugar-Free Jello, the sweetener used is Aspartame. That means the nutritional info for the sugars are absolute zero. No sugar here.
And the carb count is zero too. Zip!
To make these sugar-free gummy bears you'll just need 3 ingredients:
- Sugar-Free Jello
- Knox unfavored gelatine
- cold water
- Mix together the Jello, unflavored gelatine and water in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until fully dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Fill the wells of a candy mold with the Jello, using a pipette. Do this right after cooking, or else the mixture will gell before you can add it to the candy molds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until fully gelled.
- Pop the gummies out of the mold and hand out to the kiddos.
- Can be stored in a resealable container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or for 1 week at room temperature on the counter. The gummies are firmer if you keep them in the fridge and softer if you keep them out.
Sugar-Free Jello Flavors 🌈
You can use any flavor of Jello that you like in Sugar-Free Gummy Bears. The four brands that make sugar-free Jello are Jello-O obviously, Royal, GramZero, and a scrappy little candy brand you might have heard of: Starburst. Usually, the only brands that you can buy in the supermarket are Jell-O and Royal, but you can find the other two on Amazon.
- Jell-O Brand Flavors: Cherry, Black Cherry, Lime, Lemon, Strawberry, Peach, Raspberry, and Orange
- Royal Brand Flavors: Strawberry, Lime, Orange, Cherry, Raspberry
- Starburst Brand Flavors: All Pink Strawberry, Blue Raspberry, Cherry
- GramZero Brand Flavors: Raspberry, Strawberry, Cherry, Lemon, Lime, Orange
Where to buy Sugar-Free Jello 💰
Where to buy gummy bear molds 💰
You can find all sorts of fun candy molds on Amazon. In addition to the sugar-free gummy bears, you can make gummy worms, dinosaurs, characters, and animals, any kind of shape. If you can dream it, you can make it out of gummy candy. Just make sure that the mold you pick comes with a plastic pipette (a.k.a. an eyedropper) to use to fill the wells.
How Keto are these gummies? 💬
These sugar-free gummy bears are decidedly Keto. They are one of the very few actual zero-carb foods in this world of ours. These gummy candies are literally free of all carbohydrates, so you can eat them guilt-free. And if you are concerned about the artificial sweeteners used in Jell-O, Royal, and Starburst, then you can use the stevia-sweetened GramZero brand of gelatin.
Time to say farewell👋
Soon you will be enjoying a handful of fruity chewy sugar-free gummy bears. And like I said, they only take 10 minutes to prep and cook, and then 30 minutes in the fridge. So you're looking at 40 minutes, tops.
Not to mention the money that you'll save by making them at home instead of buying them for $8 bucks online. These do-it-yourself gummies only cost $3.75 to make at home. Chump change!
Alright, now it’s time for me to get back to my favorite pastime: fooling children.
Good bye! 🥰Print
Sugar-Free Keto Gummy Bears
These sugar-free gummies have zero carbs so they make a great treat for kids and adults alike.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 50 gummy bears 1x
- Category: Candy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1 small (.3oz) package Sugar-Free Jello
- 1 envelope Knox unfavored gelatine
- ⅓ cup cold water
Step 1. Mix together the Jello, unflavored gelatine, and water in a medium-sized saucepan.
Step 2. Cook over low heat until fully dissolved, about 2 minutes.
Step 3. Fill the wells of a candy mold with the Jello, using a pipette. Do this right after cooking, or else the mixture will gell before you can add it to the candy molds.
Step 4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until fully gelled. Step 5. Press the back of the gummy bear mold to pop out the gummies.
Step 6. The gummy bears can be stored in a resealable container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or for 1 week at room temperature on the counter.
For sweeter gummy candy, dissolve 1 tablespoon of powdered erythritol along with the Jello and unflavored gelatin. The gummies are plenty sweet without this added sweetener, but I feel like it masks the taste of aspartame from the Sugar-Free Jello. And it makes the candy taste more like the super sweet Haribo gummies that you buy at the store.
- Serving Size: 10 gummies
- Calories: 7
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Keto Gummy Bears, Sugar Free Gummy Bears, Sugar Free Gummies, Sugar Free Gummies Recipe