This low carb and Keto blueberry ice cream is a tasty way to beat the heat. And each serving of this sugar-free frozen dessert has just 218 calories and 9g net carbs.
4 cups (1 quart) blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 large pasteurized eggs
1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup almond milk
1. Freeze the canister of your ice cream maker for at least 24 hours before making ice cream.
2. Mix together blueberries, lemon juice and sweetener in a medium sized sauce pan.
3. Heat over Medium heat until the liquid is released from the berries and comes to a boil, 5 minutes. Lower heat to Low and simmer for 15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir occasionally as it simmers.
4. Add cooked blueberries to a resealable container and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours until completely cold.
5. Add blueberries, cream, almond milk and eggs to a blender and puree for 1 minute until smooth.
6. Add to the canister of your ice cream mixer and churn according to the manufacturers instructions, usually between 20-35 minutes. The ice cream should be the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
7. Add ice cream to a resealable container and freeze for 3-4 hours until hardened. When you are ready to eat the ice cream, you should leave it out on the counter for 20-30 minutes to soften and become more scoopable.
8. Can be stored in the freezer for 2 weeks, but the texture will become grainy after a few days.
Keywords: Keto Blueberry Ice Cream, Low Carb Blueberry Ice Cream, Sugar-Free Blueberry Ice Cream