Low Carb butter pecan ice cream is a refreshing frozen treat with only 4g net carbs.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add pecans to the cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes until fragrant.
3. In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add 1/4 cup sweetener, cinnamon and salt and stir continuously until well combined and the sweetener is completely dissolved.
4. Remove from heat and stir in pecans until well coated. Pour mixture back onto cookie sheet and spread out pecans to reduce clumping. Allow to cool on the countertop. Ice Cream:
5. In the same sauce pan, heat 1/4 cup butter over low heat until melted and slightly browned.
6. Stir in cream and bring to a low simmer. Stir in 1/3 cup sweetener and mix to dissolve.
7. Add the liquid to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with xanthan gum and use an electric mixer to combine.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks and vanilla. Slowly add to the large mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
9. Add in glycerin if using. This will help keep the ice cream soft and scoopable, but is not necessary for the recipe to work.
10. Make an ice bath in your kitchen sink to cool down the custard quickly. Fill the sink a quarter of the way with cold water and add several handfuls of ice. Gently lower the bowl of custard into the ice bath. Let cool for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover the custard with plastic wrap that is placed directly on the surface of the liquid. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours until completely cooled.
11. Add the ice cream custard to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions, usually 20-25 minutes.
12. In the last 5 minutes, add in the nuts.
13. Pour the ice cream into a resealable container and freeze for 4-6 hours until hardened.
Keywords: Low Carb Butter Pecan Ice Cream, Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream, Sugar Free Butter Pecan Ice Cream