Missing breakfast cereal on your low carb diet? Well say no more. This recipe for Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal has you covered.
1 (3.25oz) bag pork rinds, cut into bite sized pieces
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons Xylitol or Swerve
cinnamon sugar topping:
2 tablespoons Xylitol or Swerve
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Cut the pork rinds into 1/2-1 inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add butter to a medium sized sauce pan and heat over Medium heat until browned, 4-6 minutes. Stir occasionally until minute 3, and then constantly until it becomes a medium brown.
3. Add heavy whipping cream and 3 tablespoons sweetener to the pan and cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes more. Stir continuously.
4. Use a rubber spatula to fold the caramel sauce into the bowl of pork rinds, mixing until all surfaces are coated.
5. Arrange the pork rinds on the parchment covered cookie sheet and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Mix it up and repeat 2 more times until all surfaces are covered in the sprinkled sweetener.
6. Leave on the counter until cooled. Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Keywords: Keto Cinnamon Cereal, Low Carb Cinnamon Cereal, Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Low Carb Cinnamon Toast Crunch