This Keto egg custard pie is a creamy velvety dessert with only 186 calories and 2g net carbs per slice.
1/2 cup super fine almond flour*
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
1 large egg white
1 large egg yolk
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
2 sprinkles nutmeg, optional
1. Use a pie plate and a metal crust protecter. To make your own crust protecter, use a Sharpie to trace the inside bottom of the pie plate onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Trace the outer edge of the pie plate. Cut out the inner circle, and then cut out the outer circle, leaving and extra 1/2 inch in width.
2. Set oven to 400 degrees F.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and sweetener. Mix in melted butter. Mix in egg until a dough forms. Press the dough into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Use a fork to poke the bottom of the crust about 12 times to let the hot air out. Brush the crust with egg white. Cover the crust with the crust protecter and scrunch down the sides if using aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until just lightly browned. Remove from oven and lower the heat to 320 degrees F.
5. Mix all filling ingredients and pour into the crust. Sprinkle nutmeg on top if desired. Bake until top of the custard is firm with just a slight jiggle in the middle, 25-35 minutes.
6. Cool to room temperature and serve or chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
*If you take this pie to a party, make sure to clearly mark that it contains nuts. Most people don’t expect a pie crust to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat it.
Keywords: Keto Egg Custard Pie, Low Carb Egg Custard Pie, Gluten Free Egg Custard Pie