2 daikon radishes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
2 large egg yolks, beaten
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 cup unsalted butter
FOR THE FRENCH FRIES:
1. Peel the daikon radishes and slice them into 1/2 x 3 inch matchsticks.
2. Add them to a medium sized bowl and cover with water. Soak for 10 minutes. (This will remove the starch on the radishes.)
3. Drain the water through a colander and pat the daikon fries with paper towels until dried.
4. Add fries to a medium sized bowl and add the olive oil. Toss until all surfaces are covered in oil.
5. BAKED METHOD: Add oiled daikon radishes to a large cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 40-50 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. AIR FRYER METHOD: Working in batches, place fries in the basket of an air fryer in a single later. Air fry at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes. Open the air fryer and stir. Air fry for 8 minutes more. Remove the fries and drain them on paper towel covered plates.
7. STOVE TOP METHOD: Fill a large frying pan with 2 inches of cooking oil and heat to 400 degrees F. Add 1/2 of the daikon matchsticks and cook for 55 seconds, agitating occasionally with a metal slotted spoon. Remove and place on paper towels to drain the oil. Return the oil to 400 degrees F and repeat with remaining matchsticks.
8. Salt to taste.
FOR THE GRAVY:
1. Add beef broth to a medium sized saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes to reduce.
2. Add onion and broth to a high powdered blender and blend for 1 minute.
3. Return broth to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Remove 1/3 cup broth from the pan and quickly whisk into the beaten egg yolk.
5. Whisk the egg yolk mixture back into the broth in the saucepan and stir until gravy thickens somewhat, 2-3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle xanthan gum onto the pan and quickly whisk it into the the gravy. Cook until thickened more, 2-3 minutes.
7. Stir in butter and mix until fully combined.
Nutritional Info for Gravy:
Serving Size: 1/4 cup Yield: 2 cups
Calories: 73 Fat: 7g Carbohydrate: 1g Fiber: <1g Protein: 1g Nutritional Info for Daikon French Fries below:
Keywords: Keto French Fries, Low Carb French Fries, Daikon French Fries