This low carb green bean casserole is a Keto take on a classic Thanksgiving side dish. And each serving has just 3g net carbs.
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8oz mushrooms, sliced and halved
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups heavy whipping cream
24 oz green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
1 cup crushed pork rinds
1. Add green beans to a large pot of boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Drain the green beans in a colander and spray with cold water until cooled down.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
4. Add butter to a large frying pan and saute onions and garlic for 2 minutes on Medium High heat.
5. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper and thyme to the pan and saute for 4 minutes more.
6. Add heavy whipping cream to the pan and bring to a low boil. Simmer until thickened to the consistency of cream of mushroom soup, 15-20 minutes.
7. In a large bowl, combine green beans and mushroom sauce.
8. Add pork rinds to a blender and pulse a few times until it is the consistency of panko bread crumbs.
9. Sprinkle pork rinds on top of the casserole.
10. Bake for 15 minutes until browned.
11. If you like it a little more browned, then increase the heat to Broil and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Recipe updated 8-30-19
STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOGRAPHS ARE BELOW THE RECIPE
Keywords: Low Carb Green Bean Casserole, Keto Green Bean Casserole, Paleo Green Bean Casserole