Spicy and sweet, these low carb Korean Chicken Wings do not disappoint. They are truly a thing of beauty.
3 - 3 1/2 pounds chicken wings (12-15 wings)
2 tablespoons oat fiber
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sriracha hot sauce
2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 scallion, sliced
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top.
2. Dry chicken wings with paper towels. Use a large knife or a pair of cooking shears to cut the wings at the two joints. Discard the small wing tip and add the middle and large end of the wing to a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle oat fiber on the wings and mix to coat all the wings.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Sear the wings for 2-3 minutes per side. You'll need to cook the wings in two batches. Use the remaining tablespoon of olive oil for the second batch of wings.
5. Place the chicken wings on the baking rack that you made from a cookie sheet and cooling rack. You should be able to fit all the wings onto one large cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy and golden in color.
7. Add all BBQ sauce ingredients to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil over Medium High heat. Lower heat and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring constantly, so the sauce doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan as it thickens.
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken wings and mix well until all wings are completely coated.
9. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
10. Mix all dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bow and serve with the wings.
Nutritional Info for Dipping Sauce:
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon Yield: 5 tablespoons
Calories: 81 Fat: 9g Carb: <1g Fiber: <1g Protein: <1g
Nutritional Info for Chicken Wings and BBQ Sauce is below.
Keywords: Low Carb Korean Chicken Wings, Keto Korean Chicken Wings, Low Carb Hot Wings, Keto Hot Wings