Spicy and sweet, these low carb and Keto Korean Chicken Wings do not disappoint. They are truly a thing of beauty.
Greetings hot wing lovers.
Until this year, I was not among you. Nope, I spent the first four decades of my life spurning the very idea of hot wings. Never tried them, not even once. They always seemed like they'd be too much trouble to bother with and too spicy to ever want to eat.
But, like so many things, it turns out that I was dead wrong about hot wings.
Hot wings are DELICIOUS!
Especially the Keto Korean Chicken Wings that I've been making lately. Their sweet and spicy BBQ sauce is sugar-free, so the carb count is just 1g per wing. That's a fraction of what normal sugary BBQ wings have.
So let me show you how to make these spicy low carb wings.
You'll need 3-3 ½ pounds chicken wings, 2 TB olive oil and 2 TB oat fiber.
You start by cutting each chicken wing into three pieces.
Find the joints with your fingers and use a sharp knife or a good pair of cooking shears to cut them apart. You'll be left with the 3 parts of the chicken wing, the drumette, wingette and tip. Discard the tips and add the remaining 2 pieces to a large bowl.
Sprinkle oat fiber on top of the wings and mix well to coat all sides.
Add 1 TB olive oil to a large skillet and heat over High heat.
In two batches, sear the wings for 2-3 minutes per side. Add another TB olive oil for the second batch.
Make a cooking rack by placing a cooling rack on top of a large rimmed cookie sheet.
All the chicken wings should fit onto 1 rack. Bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy and golden in color. Place the cooked wings into a large bowl.
In a medium sized sauce pan, mix together 3 minced cloves of garlic, 2 TB brown sugar substitute, 1 tsp ground ginger, ¼ cup sriracha hot sauce, ½ TB rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp sesame oil and 2 TB coconut aminos or soy sauce.
Bring the ingredients to a boil over Medium heat. Lower heat and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour the Korean BBQ sauce over the bowl of wings and mix well to coat all sides.
Garnish those babies with some sesame seeds and sliced scallions and you're done.
You'll have a whole mess of low carb hot wings for you and all your hot wing loving friends, myself included now.Print
Keto Korean Chicken Wings
Spicy and sweet, these low carb Korean Chicken Wings do not disappoint. They are truly a thing of beauty.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 24-30 wings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Korean
3 - 3 ½ pounds chicken wings (12-15 wings)
2 tablespoons oat fiber
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup sriracha hot sauce
2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Swerve Brown or regular Swerve
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 ½ teaspoons Swerve Brown or regular Swerve
½ teaspoon sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 scallion, sliced
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top.
2. Dry chicken wings with paper towels. Use a large knife or a pair of cooking shears to cut the wings at the two joints. Discard the small wing tip and add the middle and large end of the wing to a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle oat fiber on the wings and mix to coat all the wings.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Sear the wings for 2-3 minutes per side. You'll need to cook the wings in two batches. Use the remaining tablespoon of olive oil for the second batch of wings.
5. Place the chicken wings on the baking rack that you made from a cookie sheet and cooling rack. You should be able to fit all the wings onto one large cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy and golden in color.
7. Add all BBQ sauce ingredients to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil over Medium High heat. Lower heat and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring constantly, so the sauce doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan as it thickens.
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken wings and mix well until all wings are completely coated.
9. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
10. Mix all dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bow and serve with the wings.
Nutritional Info for Dipping Sauce:
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon Yield: 5 tablespoons
Calories: 81 Fat: 9g Carb: <1g Fiber: <1g Protein: <1g
Nutritional Info for Chicken Wings and BBQ Sauce is below.
- Serving Size: 4 wings
- Calories: 571
- Fat: 46
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 37
Keywords: Low Carb Korean Chicken Wings, Keto Korean Chicken Wings, Low Carb Hot Wings, Keto Hot Wings
This was Amazing. I only used half the sriracha as hubby doesn't do too much heat but it was perfect for us. I had planned to save some for lunch tomorrow but they were too yummy. Congratulations on an awesome recipe.
Emily Krill says
Thanks so much! What a nice note to get today.
leigh ann beyer says
Wonderful yummy recipe! I used this on boneless skinless thighs and baked at 425 for 20 minutes. And in place of the soy, I used Tamari. I also skipped the oat fiber.
That sounds great. Thighs are so much easier to eat.
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.
Bry Jaimea says
Looks amazing!! Can't wait to give them a go x
Lola Osinkolu says
Hot-wings are my all time favorite! Can't wait to try out this low carb version!
Great! Hope you like them.