These low carb and Keto pecan pie bars are pure ooey gooey goodness. And each bar has just 2g net carbs.
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup super fine almond flour*
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
1 teaspoon maple extract, optional
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Crisscross two sheets of parchment paper, so that you can lift out the bars.
2. Mix together all crust ingredients and form it into a dough. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Poke holes in the crust with a fork to let air out as it cooks.
3. Bake for 18-22 minutes until just starting to brown at the edges.
4. Add cream, butter and sweetener to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil over High heat. Lower the heat to Low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
5. Remove thickened sauce from the heat and stir in maple extract. Pour the sauce into a medium sized bowl.
6. Add chopped nuts to the bowl and mix well to coat all of the nuts in sauce. Pour the nut mixture onto the crust and spread out evenly.
7. Bake for 7 minutes in the 300 degree F oven.
8. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Low Carb Pecan Bars, Keto Pecan Bars, Low Carb Pecan Pie Bars, Keto Pecan Pie Bars