These low carb and Keto pecan pie bars are pure ooey-gooey goodness. And each bar has just 2g net carbs.
I just had the most delightful coffee break. I had a cup of joe and one of these yummy Keto pecan pie bars. It was such a treat. And while I was enjoying my snack, I found this great old film clip. (video below) It's from a 1936 film where Ruby Keeler tap dances through a gigantic typewriter.
Pretty kicky, right?
But enough about Depression-era musical numbers. Let's talk low carb pecan pie bars. These little beauties are based on a great recipe for Magic Bars that I found on Cast Iron Keto. His magic bars have all the bells and whistles. They've got coconut flakes, pecans and chocolate chips, all in a super sweet caramel sauce.
These bars truly are magic.
And my pared-back pecan pie version of the bar is pretty darn tasty too. The filling is made up of chopped pecans in a caramel maple sauce. That's some ooey-gooey deliciousness right there. And each bar has just a measly 2g net carbs. Nearly nothing.
So, in closing, these bars are the perfect thing to nosh on while watching people tap dance through gigantic typewriters.Print
Keto Pecan Pie Bars
These low carb and Keto pecan pie bars are pure ooey gooey goodness. And each bar has just 2g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 29
- Total Time: 39 minutes
- Yield: 8 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup super fine almond flour*
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
1 teaspoon maple extract, optional
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Crisscross two sheets of parchment paper, so that you can lift out the bars.
2. Mix together all crust ingredients and form it into a dough. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Poke holes in the crust with a fork to let air out as it cooks.
3. Bake for 18-22 minutes until just starting to brown at the edges.
4. Add cream, butter and sweetener to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil over High heat. Lower the heat to Low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
5. Remove thickened sauce from the heat and stir in maple extract. Pour the sauce into a medium sized bowl.
6. Add chopped nuts to the bowl and mix well to coat all of the nuts in sauce. Pour the nut mixture onto the crust and spread out evenly.
7. Bake for 7 minutes in the 300 degree F oven.
8. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 37
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Pecan Bars, Keto Pecan Bars, Low Carb Pecan Pie Bars, Keto Pecan Pie Bars