This Keto Raisin Bread recipe is a real yeast bread with only 4g net carbs per slice. It's a low carb take on a classic comfort food.
1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 1/4 cups warm water (like bath water)
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar*
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup super fine almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup Swerve Brown or equivalent brown sugar substitute
2 tablespoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Add dried cranberries, water and sweetener to a medium sized microwave safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes. Give it a stir and then set aside to plump.
2. In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water (like bath water), then sprinkle the sugar over the yeast. Cover, and wait ten minutes for the yeast to ferment and become frothy/bubbly over the water and sugar.
4. Stir 1 1/2 cups of the flour mixture into the yeast mixture.
5. Stir for 1 minute.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes.
7. Mix the salt and baking powder into the flour mixture.
8. Stir the vinegar into the melted butter.
9. Stir the butter mixture into the dough until the liquid is absorbed.
10. Slowly mix in the remaining flour mixture. Towards the end, set aside the spoon and mix in by hand. It will be very dry.
11. Add the cranberries and remaining liquid to the dough and use your hands to blend them into the dough.
12. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
13. Turn the dough out onto a lightly almond floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. If the dough is too dry to hold together, then you can add a little more water until it is kneadable.
14. Grease a large bowl with butter. Form the dough into a ball and add it to the greased bowl. Flip it so that it is buttered on both sides. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
15. Move the oven racks to the middle and bottom positions. Put a casserole pan on the lower rack. Fill the pan with boiling water and add the bread dough to the middle rack of the oven. Quickly close the oven door. As long as you open and close the oven quickly, you can use this warm oven for both bread rises.
16. Allow to rise until it is about it is about 1/4 larger (1-2 hours). This bread is not going to rise a whole lot. That's ok.
17. Roll the dough out into a rectangle that is 8 inches by 12 inches.
18. Mix together the filling of melted butter, brown sugar substitute and cinnamon. Spread the mixture over the entire surface of the dough from edge to edge. Tightly roll the dough so that is 8 inches long by 4 inches wide. Place the dough into a greased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan, with the seam on the bottom.
19. Let rise for 40 minutes in the warm oven. It will only rise a small amount.
20. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the top of the loaf with melted butter.
21. Bake for 50-55 minutes until nicely browned. Use an instant read thermometer to check that the insides are between 190-200 degrees F. If it's not up to temp, then continue baking until it is.
22. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes.
23. Slide the loaf out onto a wire drying rack and cool completely before cutting.
* The sugar is converted to alcohol and carbon dioxide in the fermentation process, so the carbohydrates are cancelled out.
Keywords: Low Carb Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Sugar-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread