This recipe for Indian Saag Paneer with Tofu is naturally low carb and has just 3g net carbs per serving.
19 oz extra-firm tofu, cubed
3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided (2-3 lemons)
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
6 oz cauliflower florets, (1/3 cauliflower)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (1-inch) knob ginger, peeled and minced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper, as desired
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon cardamom
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
18 oz fresh spinach
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.
2. Press tofu firmly between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Cut into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4. Add tofu and toss to coat. Spread tofu evenly over cookie sheet. 5. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
6. Combine cream, water and cauliflower in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. 7. Cook until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
8. Purée mixture using a hand blender or countertop blender. Set aside.
9. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
10. Add spinach one handful at a time, stirring and adding more as the greens wilt.
Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until greens are fully wilted, about 5 minutes.
11. Stir in cauliflower purée and continue to cook until greens are very tender, about 5 minutes longer.
12. Stir in tofu cubes and heat through. Stir in remaining lemon juice and serve.
Keywords: Low Carb Saag Paneer, Keto Saag Paneer, Paleo Saag Paneer
Find it online: https://www.resolutioneats.com/blog/keto-saag-paneer/