This low carb keto sausage crust pizza goes by the nickname "Meatzza".
1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
2 tablespoons oat fiber (optional)
2 tablespoons Rao’s Marinara Sauce or equivalent sugar-free sauce
toppings of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a cast iron skillet or round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together sausage, egg, oat fiber and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. You’ll need to squish the mixture through your fingers to fully combine it.
3. Press the crust mixture down evenly into the bottom of the skillet or cake pan.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and use paper towels to remove excess grease. The crust will have shrunken considerably.
5. Top the crust with tomato sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese and toppings of your choice.
6. Bake for another 20 minutes until cheese is melty and toppings are cooked.
Keywords: Low Carb Sausage Crust Pizza, Keto Sausage Crust Pizza, Paleo Sausage Crust Pizza