This Keto Sausage Crust Pizza goes by the nickname “Meatzza”. It's a tasty dinner with only 1g net carbs per slice.
What am I doing right now?
Not much, just drinking a can of diet ginger ale and eating some Keto Sausage Crust Pizza.
Why am I drinking ginger ale?
Because I saw the most amazing ad for Canada Dry the other day. I joined a Facebook group that shares 1960's and 1970's advertising, and this little beauty popped up in my feed. (below) It's a vintage commercial full of swinging singles sexily sipping soda. The tagline is "Canada Dry. One gulp is for thirst, the other gulps are for kicks.". Groovy, man.
Also groovy, is this Keto Sausage Crust Pizza.
It's a "meatzza" if you will. The crust is made from a combination of turkey breakfast sausage, egg, oat fiber and mozzarella cheese.
What kind of low carb toppings can you use on this meat crust pizza?
If it's low carb, you can put it on a Keto Sausage Crust Pizza. Options include: pepperoni, ham, chicken, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives, garlic, tomato, basil and of course, more sausage. The sky's the limit when you're making a meatzza.
And one slice of this low carb sausage crust pizza clocks in at just 1g net carbs. Very groovy indeed.
You know what they say about meatzza, "The first bite is for hunger, the other bites are for kicks.".Print
Low Carb Keto Sausage Crust Pizza
This low carb keto sausage crust pizza goes by the nickname "Meatzza".
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
2 tablespoons oat fiber (optional)
2 tablespoons Rao’s Marinara Sauce or equivalent sugar-free sauce
toppings of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a cast iron skillet or round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together sausage, egg, oat fiber and ½ cup mozzarella cheese. You’ll need to squish the mixture through your fingers to fully combine it.
3. Press the crust mixture down evenly into the bottom of the skillet or cake pan.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and use paper towels to remove excess grease. The crust will have shrunken considerably.
5. Top the crust with tomato sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese and toppings of your choice.
6. Bake for another 20 minutes until cheese is melty and toppings are cooked.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 36
Keywords: Low Carb Sausage Crust Pizza, Keto Sausage Crust Pizza, Paleo Sausage Crust Pizza
Misti Barnes says
Can I substitute almond flour or another flour for the oats?
Sure, or you can leave it out.
Do you cook the sausage first?
No, you don't need to brown the sausage first. Just form the sausage mixture into a crust and bake it for 20 minutes. Then top the pizza with your toppings, and bake it for another 20 minutes. The sausage will be completely cooked through after baking for 40 minutes.
Do you absolutely need to use oat fiber? I don’t have any and I can ant to make this tonight.
No, it's fine to leave it out. It just improves the texture of the crust.