Low carb and Keto chicken crust pizza might sound a little weird but it’s actually really delicious.
Ok ok, I know that making a low carb pizza crust out of chicken is a bit weird.
But it's weird in a delicious sort of way. It's fast, cheap and out of control.
This "meatzza" crust is made from ground chicken, mozzarella and parmesan cheese and an egg.
Full disclosure: I used to pooh-pooh the idea of meat crusts. I didn't like the idea of holding a greasy crust in my hand. But ground chicken gets around the grease problem. It's grease free and actually quite pleasant to hold. You might forget that you are eating a crust made out of meat.
Weird but true.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Crust Pizza
Low carb chicken crust pizza might sound a little weird but it's actually really delicious.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained and liquid reserved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- any toppings you'd like
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Drain can of diced tomatoes and reserve the liquid.
3. Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic oil, ground chicken, mozzarella and parmesan cheese and egg to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
5. Return sauce to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer the sauce over low heat until ready to use on the pizza. If it gets too thick, add some of the reserved liquid until it reaches the desired consistency. Mix in the sweetener right before topping the pizza.
6. Rinse out the blender or food processor. Add all of the crust ingredients to the blender and process until smooth and combined.
7. Make the crust mixture into a ball and roll out between 2 sheets of parchment paper. The crust should be ¼ inch thick and about 10 inches in diameter.
8. Bake the crust for 20-25 minuted until browned. Blot any grease with a paper towel.
9. Flip the crust onto the cookie sheet and remove the parchment paper on top.
10. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and any toppings you'd like.
11. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melty.
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 23
Keywords: Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza, Keto Chicken Crust Pizza, Paleo Chicken Crust Pizza