Keto Chicken Crust Pizza might sound a little bit weird, but it tastes divine. And each slice has just 252 calories and 4g net carbs.
Hello my fine feathered friends.
Today I’m going to share something very special with you. It’s a recipe for a pizza made from a chicken. But trust me, you'll thank me later.
What is Chicken Crust Pizza?
Chicken crust pizza is a pizza with a crust made from ground chicken, eggs and cheese. It’s a “meatzza”, if you will.
Why make chicken into pizza crust?
Ok, full disclosure: I used to pooh-pooh the idea of meat crust pizza. I didn't like the idea of holding a greasy crust in my hand. But ground chicken gets around the grease problem. It's grease-free and actually quite pleasant to hold. In fact, you might just forget that you are eating a crust made out of poultry.
That’s because it tastes so darn good.
And this ground chicken crust has just 4 ingredients: ground chicken or turkey, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and an egg. Top the low carb pizza crust with sugar free pizza sauce and more cheese and you’ll have a really good thing going.
What low carb pizza toppings can you use?
Great Keto toppings include: onions, tomatoes, green peppers, roasted red peppers, ham, sausage, bacon, pepperoni, mushrooms, spinach, prosciutto, fresh basil, garlic, hot peppers, olives, salami, parmesan cheese, pecorino cheese, fresh mozzarella or even more chicken. Aside from pineapple and corn, you can use just about any pizza topping on this low carb pizza.
How do you make Keto Chicken Crust Pizza?
First, you add all of the crust ingredients to a blender and process until smooth and combined. Then make the crust mixture into a ball and roll it out between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Bake the crust in a 400 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes until browned. Flip the crust onto the cookie sheet and top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and any toppings you'd like. Then bake the pizza for 10 more minutes or until cheese is nice and melty.
And you are done!
Soon you’ll you'll be holding a slice of delicious Keto Chicken Crust Pizza with only 4g net carbs. So even though I wasn’t on board at first, this low carb crust has won me over. I only wish I had tried it sooner.
But you know what they say: Life is too short for regrets.Print
Keto Chicken Crust Pizza
Keto Chicken Crust Pizza might sound a little weird but it's actually really delicious.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained and liquid reserved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- any toppings you'd like
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Drain can of diced tomatoes and reserve the liquid.
3. Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic oil, ground chicken, mozzarella and parmesan cheese and egg to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
5. Return sauce to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer the sauce over low heat until ready to use on the pizza. If it gets too thick, add some of the reserved liquid until it reaches the desired consistency. Mix in the sweetener right before topping the pizza.
7. Make the crust mixture into a ball and roll out between 2 sheets of parchment paper. The crust should be ¼ inch thick and about 10 inches in diameter.
8. Bake the crust for 20-25 minutes until browned. Blot any grease with a paper towel.
9. Flip the crust onto the cookie sheet and remove the parchment paper on top.
10. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and any toppings you'd like.
11. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melty.
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 23
Keywords: Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza, Keto Chicken Crust Pizza, Paleo Chicken Crust Pizza