Try saying Keto Poppers with Bacon and Caramelized Onions 5 times fast. Then gobble them up because these babies are delicious!
I'm going to be straight with you.
Today is shaping up to be a bad day. I made one mistake after another this morning as I was making these Keto Poppers At one point I half dropped the pan and they went tumbling all over each other before I could catch it.
It wasn't pretty.
So if these Keto Poppers look a bit disheveled, now you know the reason why.
But Jalapeño Poppers, what even are they?
A jalapeño popper is just a type of stuffed pepper. It’s usually a jalapeño pepper which has been hollowed out, filled with cheese and spices and baked. But for today’s recipe we’re going to use mini bell peppers for their mild flavor.
Where did Jalapeño Poppers come from?
A packaged meat company in the 1980’s as it turns out. And in 1992, the phrase "jalapeño popper" was trademarked by Anchor Food Products. Heinz later acquired the name, and began to distribute pre-made jalapeño poppers in a frozen form.
Where do you usually eat poppers?
Poppers like to live in close proximity to sports, I've noticed. They like sports bars and game day parties. But they are so tasty, you can really eat them any place at any time.
How do you make Poppers with Bacon and Caramelized Onions?
You just cook up some bacon and onions, mix them with cream cheese and stuff them inside sweet mini peppers. Bake them up topped with shredded cheese, and soon you'll have a killer app with only 1g net carb each.
So pop a couple Keto pepper poppers, why don't you?Print
Keto Poppers with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
Try saying Low Carb Keto Mini Pepper Poppers with Bacon and Caramelized Onions 5 times fast.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 34
- Total Time: 49 minutes
- Yield: 22 poppers 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
4 slices bacon, diced
½ onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ teaspoon black pepper
11 mini sweet peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Add bacon and cook until browned and crispy, 5-7 minutes.
3. Place bacon on paper towels to drain the fat.
4. Pour the excess fat out of the pan, leaving just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
5. Cook onions in the bacon grease over Medium High heat until browned, 5-7 minutes.
6. Mix together cream cheese, onions, black pepper and half of the bacon in a medium sized bowl.
7. Fill each pepper with the cream cheese mixture and add to the cookie sheet.
8. Sprinkle cheese and remaining bacon on top of each pepper.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melty and peppers are somewhat wilted.
10. Can be served hot or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 2 poppers
- Calories: 119
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Poppers, Keto Poppers, Paleo Poppers