Try saying Low Carb Keto Mini Pepper Poppers with Bacon and Caramelized Onions 5 times fast.
4 slices bacon, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
11 mini sweet peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over Medium High heat. Add bacon and cook until browned and crispy, 5-7 minutes.
3. Place bacon on paper towels to drain the fat.
4. Pour the excess fat out of the pan, leaving just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
5. Cook onions in the bacon grease over Medium High heat until browned, 5-7 minutes.
6. Mix together cream cheese, onions, black pepper and half of the bacon in a medium sized bowl.
7. Fill each pepper with the cream cheese mixture and add to the cookie sheet.
8. Sprinkle cheese and remaining bacon on top of each pepper.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melty and peppers are somewhat wilted.
10. Can be served hot or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Low Carb Poppers, Keto Poppers, Paleo Poppers