These low carb soft caramel candies are a simple grandmotherly treat that you can make yourself at home. And each caramel has less than 1g net carbs.
1. Attach a candy thermometer to a medium sized sauce pan. Add butter and melt over low heat. Stir in syrup and sweetener. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
2. Simmer mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 220 degrees F, about 3 minutes. Stir in heavy whipping cream. The mixture will be bubbly.
3. Continue heating mixture, stirring constantly, until it reaches 250 degrees F, about 1 minute.. Remove mixture from heat.
4. Mix in vanilla extract and salt until smooth and combined.
5. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and whisk for several minutes as it cools down.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the wells of a candy mold.
7. Freeze until set, at least 2 hours.
8. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
This recipe was modified on 4-10-2019.
Keywords: Low Carb Caramels, Keto Caramels, Sugar-Free Caramels