This recipe for low carb ratatouille is a delicious blend of roasted eggplant, onions, yellow squash and red bell peppers. It's a healthy Keto side or main dish with just 2g net carbs per serving.
1 large eggplant
2 yellow squashes
1 red onion
1 orange bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2. Slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch disks. Cut the bell peppers and onions into quarters. Slice the yellow squashes into 1/2 inch disks. Use one cookie sheet for the eggplant and the other for the rest of the vegetables.
3. Brush the eggplant and yellow squash with balsamic vinegar.
4. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
6. Flip vegetables every 15 minutes. Brush the undersides of the eggplant and squash with balsamic vinegar.
7. After 50 minutes, the onions, bell peppers and squash should be softened with some burn marks. The eggplant may still be undercooked in the middle, so cut one in half and check for doneness. If there is any white left, then return the eggplant to the oven and cook until insides are soft.
8. Chop all of the cooked vegetables. Add them to a large serving bowl.
9. Add dressing ingredients to a small lidded jar and shake until combined. Alternately, you can whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
10. Add dressing and parsley to the vegetables and mix until all the vegetables are coated.
This recipe is for a large party sized roasted vegetable salad, so it makes 8 cups, or 16 (1/2 cup) servings. Cut the recipe in half or in quarters if you are going to serve fewer people.
STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOGRAPHS FOLLOW THE RECIPE
Keywords: Low Carb Ratatouille, Keto Ratatouille, Paleo Ratatouille
Find it online: https://www.resolutioneats.com/blog/low-carb-ratatouille/