These low carb and Keto chocolate meringue cookies are nice and crispy and full of chocolatey flavor.
A word of warning about chocolate meringue cookies:
They will turn out looking like the poop emoji if you are not very very careful.
Shape is everything here.
It's a brown meringue- not too much you can do about that. But you can choose to pipe it out or use a spoon to shape it into a cookie. Please do the later.
Poop jokes aside, this cookie has a lot going for it.
It's made from just egg whites, sugar-free sweetener and cocoa powder. Each cookie has only 9 calories and less than 1g of carbohydrate. So you are eating air, basically.
Delicious chocolate flavored air.
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Meringue Cookies
These low carb chocolate meringue cookies are nice and crispy and full of chocolatey flavor.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 1:15
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar, increase speed to high and whip until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add granulated sweetener and continue beating until whites are stiff and glossy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift powdered sweetener with the cocoa to blend. Working in thirds, sprinkle cocoa mixture over egg whites and gently fold in until thoroughly incorporated. There should be no dry cocoa powder in the final mixture.
4. Drop 12 cookie sized dollops onto the cookie sheet with a spoon or ladle.
5. Bake for 1 hour, until meringues are firm and dry. Turn oven off and let meringues sit in oven for 15 more minutes.
6. Let meringues cool on sheets on wire racks, then gently peel the cookies off parchment paper.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 18
- Fat: <1
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Meringue Cookies, Keto Chocolate Meringue Cookies, Sugar-Free Chocolate Meringue Cookies