This recipe for low carb, Paleo and Keto roasted broccoli and butternut squash is a great way to get your veggies in. And each serving has just 8g net carbs.
There are things that I think about all the time. Many of them are stupid things.
Like this one: Every time I empty the lint from my dryer, I think about this artist who makes sculpture out of dryer lint. I think to myself, “She could really put this to good use. It’s a pity to throw it out.” I’ve had this recurring thought every time I’ve cleaned out the dryer lint for the last 25 years. Yes.
I have a similar thought every time I cut broccoli. I get Dana Carvey’s Choppin’ Broccoli song stuck in my head (video below).
“Now my lady, she went downtown. She bought some broccoli. She brought it home.
Now she’s choppin broccoli, choppin broccoli. She choppin brocca-lay-huh.”
And now I have shared this stupid thought with you.
You’ll be chopping broccoli soon enough. (That is basically the whole recipe.) Just try and get the song out of your head, as you make it.
Roasted Broccoli and Butternut Squash
This recipe for low carb roasted broccoli and butternut squash is a great way to get your veggies in. And each serving has just 8g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped into bite – sized pieces.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet or roasting pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix together seasonings.
3. Chop the broccoli into florets. Peel and chop the butternut squash into bite-sized pieces.
4. In a large bowl, mix together chopped vegetables with olive oil and seasoning mixture. Toss until they are evenly coated.
5. Transfer vegetables onto the pan and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, tossing vegetables once halfway through. Butternut squash should be fork tender and the broccoli crisp.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Low Carb Roasted Broccoli, Keto Roasted Broccoli, Vegetarian Roasted Broccoli