Fall is here, and the Pumpkin Train has officially left the station. Toot toot!
As long as we’re talking about pumpkins, I feel like I should mention David Pumpkins (video below). It’s this SNL sketch that takes place in a haunted house ride called A 100 Floors of Flights. It turns out that 73 of the 100 floors are dedicated to a guy named David S. Pumpkins and his dancing b-boy skeletons. You kind of have to see it. My kids and I watched it 10 times in a row last October. It’s the perfect blend of hilarious and inappropriate. We were dying.
But anyway, pumpkins.
I’ve adapted my tried and true waffle recipe to incorporate pumpkin. It’s also got pumpkin spice to make it feel like Fall. I used sweetener in this recipe so it would be good on its own or just with butter. If you are going to use syrup, then you can skip the sweetener. Its services are no longer required.
This recipe makes for a quick and easy breakfast or brunch. You just throw all the ingredients in the blender, push the button, and your batter is done. Which is good.
That means you’ve got more time to watch David Pumpkins.
Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Waffles
These low carb pumpkin waffles just taste like Fall. And each Belgian waffle has just 8g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 Belgian waffle 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons canned pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent sweetener*
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour the batter into a pre-heated, lightly greased waffle maker and bake according to manufacturer’s directions. (Usually 3-4 minutes.)
3. When done, use a fork to lift it off the grid.
*If you are going to use syrup, then you can skip the sweetener.
- Serving Size: 1 Belgian waffle
- Calories: 501
- Fat: 44
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 19
Keywords: Low Carb Pumpkin Waffles, Keto Pumpkin Waffles, Paleo Pumpkin Waffles