Low Carb Keto Powdered Chocolate Mini Donuts
Even though I'm on a low carb diet, I end up buying a lot of normal people food for everybody else in my family.
Usually I don't mind, but lately I've been really tempted by their donuts. Those sugary rings of glazed deliciousness.
Luckily for me, the low carb world offers some tasty sugar free alternatives.
Today's recipe is adapted from an old standby of mine, a chocolate donut recipe that I found on Simply So Healthy. It's got a simple, no nonsense cocoa and almond flour batter and I've coated the outside with powdered sweetener. (I used Confectioner's Powdered Swerve, but you can turn any sweetener into powder by blending it in the blender for a minute or two.) The result is a chocolate donut that is low carb, grain free, sugar free and gluten free. It's also tasty as all get out.
These little donuts give normal people food a real run for its money.
Low Carb Powdered Chocolate Mini Donuts
- cooking spray to coat donut pans
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 tablespoons Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener for outer coating
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray 2 donut pans with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and granulated sweetener. Use a whisk to mix thoroughly.
3. Add melted butter to dry ingredients and stir until absorbed.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk and stir until smooth.
5. Spoon into the wells of prepared donut pans.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Donuts are done when the top springs back when touched.
7. Remove and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Add the powdered sweetener to a plastic bag. One by one, add the donuts to the bag and shake to coat them in powdered sweetener.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Serving Size: 2 mini donuts Calories: 180 Fat: 15g Protein: 7g Carbs: 7g Fiber 4g Net Carbs 3g