Low Carb Keto Lemon Donuts with Blueberry Glaze
This morning I woke up with the hankering for a donut and a cup a joe.
So I set out to make some delicious low carb donuts.
I was also feeling fruity so I decided to go with a lemon flavored donut.
I based my recipe on a great lemon doughnut that I found on Joy Filled Eats. She used a cream cheese frosting, but like I say, I was feeling fruity, so I mixed up a blueberry glaze to dip them in instead. And it worked out great. They are just as tasty as normal sugary donuts, but these little guys only have 1g net carb per donut. Not to shabby, eh?
Now that these donuts are in my life, I will never let them go.
Low Carb Lemon Donuts with Blueberry Glaze
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
3/4 cup super fine almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons lemon extract
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
6-8 tablespoons powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a mini donut pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Fill the wells of a donut pan with the batter.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Let the donuts cool for a few minutes before gently removing them from the pan.
5. Add the blueberries, lemon juice and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. When the blueberries burst and release their juices, use an immersion blender or a blender to puree the blueberries. Whisk in the powdered sweetener in tablespoon increments until smooth and the desired consistency, using a little more or less as necessary.
6. Dip the donuts in the glaze and let the excess drip off. Allow to cool completely.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 30 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving size: 2 mini donuts Calories 126 Total Fat 10 Protein 3g Carbs 5g Fiber 2g Net Carbs 3g